COVID-19 Peace of Mind Policy
On March 14th, prior to the announcement that New York City public schools would close to mitigate the effects of COVID-19, Early Scholars Speech & Debate transitioned their Saturday coaching sessions to a Distance Learning Plan. Since Early Scholars has been offering their weekly debate sessions online since 2018, the transition to conducting all sessions utilizing video conferencing technology and remote-learning platforms such as Google Suite was smooth.
Recommendations: We encourage everyone to adhere to social distancing guidelines, to stay in doors, and to remain informed using credible medical resources (CDC, , WHO, DOE, JHU).
SUMMER 2020 CANCELLATION & CREDIT POLICY Use code MAY8 and pay $100 deposit for a special price of $480, available until May 10, 2020 Cancellation: receive $100 deposit credited back to your Early Scholars Account
Credit Prior to Program Start Date:
- Two weeks prior | 100% credit toward your Early Scholars Account
- Less than two weeks prior to program start date| 50% credit toward your Early Scholars Account
Debate Principles Full Day Program
Credit for Day Off or No show toward your Early Scholars Account:
- Students enrolled for 1 week | 0% credit
- Students enrolled for 2-3 weeks | 1 day credit
- Students enrolled for 4-7 weeks | 3 days credit
- Students enrolled for 8+ weeks | 5 days credit
*Credits must be used within 6 mos